The best playmakers in the game have mastered the efficiency AND effectiveness of their breakout dribble—they score more points, and create an advantage for their team.
Practice this breakout dribble to become a better playmaker on a fast break.
For a breakout dribble to be most efficient:
- Push and chase—don’t dribble the ball at your feet.
- Use roll crossovers—don’t keep the ball in your same hand.
- Settle stop with back breaks—regardless of how fast you’re going.
THINK THE GAME
Join PGC Basketball and discover how to become a playmaker, lead your team, and run the show.
For a breakout dribble to be most effective:
- Sneak a peak before you get the ball—don’t get caught by surprise.
- Get your eyes to the rim—before you turn and go.
- Sweep and breakout with whichever hand is closest to where you’re going.
Discover five techniques all unstoppable point guard use and hear a breakdown on how you can apply it to your game.
WNBA Legend Debbie Black and PGC Director Kyle Koszuta breakdown what a player needs to become a lockdown defender.
PGC Basketball provides intense, no-nonsense basketball training for players and coaches. Our basketball camps are designed to teach players of all positions to play smart basketball, be coaches on the court, and be leaders in practices, games and in everyday life.
We combine our unique PGC culture with a variety of teaching methods and learning environments to maximize the learning potential of those that attend our sessions. In addition to spending 6-7 hours on the court each day, lessons will be reinforced through classroom sessions and video analysis.
Our goal at PGC is to empower you with the tools to fulfill your basketball dreams, while also assisting you in experiencing the joy of the journey.