Join PGC Director Tyler Coston in the gym as he shares three drills on how you can train an effective shot fake.
The Best Fake in Basketball: The Shot Fake
For a shot fake to work, it must be believable. It’s only believable if:
- You have the reputation of being a good shooter.
- Your shot fake looks exactly like your shot.
Your reputation as a shooter is yours to develop through repetition and practice, but for a shot fake to look exactly like your shot, your:
- Eyes must go to the rim — nobody shoots without looking at the basket.
- Ball position must imitate its position for a real shot.
- Rhythm should be the same as a real shot — don’t fake faster than you shoot.
To master a shot fake, practice these three training drills:
- Super-slow micro-movements of your shot fake — focus on imitating your exact shooting form.
- Shot fake into a pull-up jumper — focus on imitating your rhythm.
- Shot fake sandwich — focus on repetition of your fake within a sequence of moves.
Think the Game: 5 Ways to Become an Unstoppable Point Guard
Discover five techniques all unstoppable point guard use and hear a breakdown on how you can apply it to your game.
Think the Game: How to Become a Lockdown Defender
WNBA Legend Debbie Black and PGC Director Kyle Koszuta breakdown what a player needs to become a lockdown defender.
Think the Game Thursday: The Scrizzle
More and more players having started using “The Scrizzle” but most don’t maximize the power and explosiveness this move offers. Join PGC Director Chad Songy to discover how you can beat any defender in 1-on-1 using “the Scrizzle”.
PGC Basketball provides intense, no-nonsense basketball training for players and coaches. Our basketball camps are designed to teach players of all positions to play smart basketball, be coaches on the court, and be leaders in practices, games and in everyday life.
We combine our unique PGC culture with a variety of teaching methods and learning environments to maximize the learning potential of those that attend our sessions. In addition to spending 6-7 hours on the court each day, lessons will be reinforced through classroom sessions and video analysis.
Our goal at PGC is to empower you with the tools to fulfill your basketball dreams, while also assisting you in experiencing the joy of the journey.