Doc Rivers on Building Team Chemistry:
- Work on team building and chemistry everyday watching it with a close eye.
- Move seats around the locker room and put players together and use it to separate others as well.
- If a player has an event, every player and coach must go.
- Sometimes you have to force guys to hang out with their teammates.
Lawrence Frank on Becoming a Successful Coach (as told to him by Jeff Van Gundy):
- Work Ethic
- Competency – Know your subject matter. As a coach, you must know the answers before the questions are asked.
- Sincerity / Trustworthiness
Jeff Goodman (Fox Sports Net) on Dealing with the Media:
- Have your players get to know media members. Maybe not on a deep, personal level, but having them go up to a writer and introduce themselves is helpful to both parties, maybe during a shoot-around or light practice.
Kevin Eastman on the 3 Factors for an Ideal Defensive Possession:
- 1. No penetration
- 2. If there is penetration, no shots off that penetration.
- 3. No shots in the first three passes.
Great shooters take pride in the way they think, train, and feel. To be a great shooter like Steph Curry, you need to develop a shooter’s mindset. Join PGC Director
Every team needs great leadership. Whether it’s on the floor or off the floor, the best teams always have great leadership on their roster. In this week’s video, join PGC Director Matt McLeod as he breaks down the keys to special leadership.
PGC Basketball provides intense, no-nonsense basketball training for players and coaches. Our basketball camps are designed to teach players of all positions to play smart basketball, be coaches on the court, and be leaders in practices, games and in everyday life.
We combine our unique PGC culture with a variety of teaching methods and learning environments to maximize the learning potential of those that attend our sessions. In addition to spending 6-7 hours on the court each day, lessons will be reinforced through classroom sessions and video analysis.
Our goal at PGC is to empower you with the tools to fulfill your basketball dreams, while also assisting you in experiencing the joy of the journey.