SOURCE: HOOPFEED.com | By By CHERYL COWARD | Nov. 9, 2010
The Atlanta Tipoff Club’s Board of Selectors compiled the 2010-11 Naismith Preseason Watch List. On the list are four (4) Point Guard College alumni: Cetera DeGraffenreid (UNC), Italee Lucas (UNC), Jence Rhoads (Vanderbilt) and Dawn Evans (James Madison).
Selection is based on player performances from the previous year and expectations for the 2010-11 college basketball season. The Naismith Trophy will be awarded on April 4, 2011 at the NCAA Women’s Final Four in Indianapolis.
- Danielle Adams, Texas A&M, F/C, Senior
- Kachine Alexander, Iowa, G, Senior
- LaSondra Barrett, LSU, F, Junior
- Angie Bjorklund, Tennessee, G/F, Senior
- Kelsey Bolte, Iowa State, G, Senior
- Jessica Breland, North Carolina, F, Senior
- Kelley Cain, Tennessee, C, Junior
- Cetera DeGraffenreid, North Carolina, G, Senior
- Elena Delle Donne, Delaware, F/G, Sophomore
- Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame, G, Sophomore
- Jasmine Dixon, UCLA, F, Junior
- Victoria Dunlap, Kentucky, F, Senior
- Dawn Evans, James Madison, G, Senior
- Casey Garrison, Missouri State, G, Junior
- Brittney Griner, Baylor, Center, Sophomore
- Keisha Hampton, DePaul, F, Junior
- Amber Harris, Xavier, F, Senior
- Tiffany Hayes, Connecticut, G, Junior
- Ify Ibekwe, Arizona, F, Senior
- Amy Jaeschke, Northwestern, C, Senior
- Shenise Johnson, Miami (FL), G, Junior
- Melissa Jones, Baylor, G/F, Senior
- Jantel Lavender, Ohio State, C, Senior
- Italee Lucas, North Carolina, G, Senior
- A’dia Mathies, Kentucky, G, Sophomore
- Sarah Miles, West Virginia, G, Senior
- Alex Montgomery, Georgia Tech, G/F, Senior
- Maya Moore, Connecticut, F, Senior
- Nnemkadi Ogwumike, Stanford, F, Junior
- Kayla Pedersen, Stanford, F, Senior
- Ta’Shia Phillips, Xavier, C, Senior
- Jeanette Pohlen, Stanford, G, Senior
- Samantha Prahalis, Ohio State, G, Junior
- Lauren Prochaska, Bowling Green, G, Junior
- Chastity Reed, Arkansas – Little Rock, F, Senior
- Monique Reid, Louisville, F, Junior
- Jence Rhoads, Vanderbilt, G, Senior
- Danielle Robinson, Oklahoma, G, Senior
- Ta’Shauna “Sugar” Rodgers, Georgetown, G, Sophomore
- Shenneika Smith, St. John’s, G, Sophomore
- Brittany Spears, Colorado, F, Senior
- Da’Shena Stevens, St. John’s, F, Junior
- Shekinna Stricklen, Tennessee, G/F, Junior
- Helena Sverrisdottir, TCU, G/F, Senior
- Carolyn Swords, Boston College, C, Senior
- Louella Tomlinson, St. Mary’s, C/F, Senior
- Jasmine Thomas, Duke, G, Senior
- Courtney Vandersloot, Gonzaga, G, Senior
- Courtney Ward, Florida State, G, Senior
- Riquna Williams, Miami (FL), G, Junior
In late February, the Atlanta Tipoff Club’s Board of Selectors will compile a mid-season team of the top 30 players in the nation. Four finalists will be announced in March 2011.
DeGraffenried and Lucas (UNC) are two-time graduates of PGC attending Think The Game and the College Session in 2008 and 2009, respectively. Rhoads (Vanderbilt) attended Think The Game in 2008 with Evans (James Madison) attended in 2009.
Get a quick dose of wisdom to enhance your game and life.
Upset About Something? (Maybe You Ain’t Taught It Well Enough)
One of the most important concepts for a coach to understand is The Responsibility Principle. If things aren’t going well, you have just one person to blame: yourself.
A Disturbing Trend That Could Destroy Youth Basketball Forever
Today I want to share something that’s been troubling me for the better part of the last year or so…it’s this new disturbing trend that could destroy youth basketball.
PGC Basketball provides intense, no-nonsense basketball training for players and coaches. Our basketball camps are designed to teach players of all positions to play smart basketball, be coaches on the court, and be leaders in practices, games and in everyday life.
We combine our unique PGC culture with a variety of teaching methods and learning environments to maximize the learning potential of those that attend our sessions. In addition to spending 6-7 hours on the court each day, lessons will be reinforced through classroom sessions and video analysis.
Our goal at PGC is to empower you with the tools to fulfill your basketball dreams, while also assisting you in experiencing the joy of the journey.